Thursday, April 23, 2009

Second showing

We had the second showing of our house on Thursday. For some reason Thursday is a popular day to look at our house. The most recent showing, however, was MUCH calmer and way less stressful than our first.

Before I describe the morning of the first showing. let me preface by saying that I had a full day planned for last Thursday. I had a phone interview scheduled for 9:30 a.m., and then I had to write an article for a class that was due at 5 p.m. that day.

At 8:45 a.m., my phone rings. Since it was an unknown 205 number, I let it go to voicemail. I checked the voicemail and got this message, "Hi Anna, this is Ann from Hamner Real Estate. A realtor just called to see if she could show your house between 10 and 11 this morning." WHAT?!?!?!? Was she serious? Since it was our first showing, we didn't want to turn it down. I called Ann back while Cole ran downstairs to clean the carpet. (We bought a Woolite Rug Stick the day before, but we hadn't used it yet.)

We were both running around like crazy people, and I was mad. Really mad. I thought I was going to have at least a few hours notice. I wanted to have flowers for my kitchen table. I wanted to have time to obsess over every little detail. Instead, I was trying to shower, get ready to leave the house, and clean my bathroom all at the same time. Ridiculous. Then I had to call the professor I was interviewing for my story. The phones at Furman were doing something weird, so I couldn't reach her. Ugh.

We got the house clean and left before the realtor arrived. I went to the public library and called my mom on the way. I was so mad. I was probably mostly yelling at her about how ridiculous it was that we had pretty much no warning. I spent my time at the library writing my article, and got home about 11:15.

I packed a quick lunch and was about to leave for class when I got another phone call. It was Ann again. The same people wanted to see our house again that afternoon. After hearing that, I was sure we would get an offer soon...nope. We haven't heard anything. We had another showing this past Thursday, but we never heard anything from that either. Hopefully it'll sell soon. I'm ready to not have to worry about it anymore.